Tuesday, February 14, 2012

New Video Playlist - 49 West - 1/14/12


Though I am way behind in video posting for some events, it won't stop me from (attempting, at least) posting current shows in reasonable time. All videos in this playlist are from the second half of; "Happiness ... A Thing Called Stride" (where I expand the variations on the theme a bit more than in the first half), performed last month in Annapolis, MD. In this concert, I reveal my own grounding in stride piano (the first 2 jazz pianists of major influence, via recordings, were Teddy Wilson and Fats Waller), and explore the path of self accompanying jazz piano. When I put myself out there to dedicated jazz audiences, this will (most often) be the concert concept of choice. Different every time, of course. It's jazz!

"Joe Holt provided just the jolt we needed to our jazz series in Annapolis!
He was the consummate performer who trilled our audience and filled our
soul. We feature guitar and piano based groups, trios and quartets usually,
and Joe was our first solo pianist! He filled the room and more than
satisfied the audience! I think I remember a standing ovation. Joe is one
tremendous talent playing stride piano all night long! We are having him
back as soon as possible!" - Elana Byrd

Thanks to Elana Byrd for bring me into her jazz series, and for scheduling me back for "Sunday Supper and Jazz", on Nov 18, 2012. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment