Monday, July 30, 2012

Press release - New CD to be released on 9/10/12

                                  
                                                      Press Release
                
                                            Joe Holt to Release New CD:
                              “In the Spirit of Dave McKenna” on 9/10/2012.



Jazz pianist Joe Holt will release his new solo piano recording: “In the Spirit of Dave McKenna”, in time for his appearance at the Chestertown (MD) Jazz Festival, on Saturday September 15, 2012. The CD pays tribute to the unique contributions of Dave McKenna to solo jazz piano, as well as the influence of Dave's playing on Joe’s approach. In Joe’s words: “I’ve never copied anyone’s playing, and couldn’t if I tried. My musical expression is an amalgam of all of my experiences and influences. One brief early encounter with Dave McKenna’s playing, however, was one of those moments when I grew in the understanding of what was possible. I've been traveling for over 30 years on the path revealed to me that day, and I still feel like I'm just getting started.""In the Spirit of Dave McKenna" contains 15 tracks of jazz, popular and Broadway standards including: I’ve Got Rhythm, C Jam Blues, Surrey With the Fringe on Top, Where is Love, and Sweet Georgia Brown. Joe is a career full time musician, currently performing extensively in the Mid-Altantic US, primarily as a soloist, but also with his own Trio, including Mike McShane - drums and Mike Buccino - bass, with whom he will perform at 12:30 pm at the Chestertown Festival. For more info on Joe visit www.joeholtsnotes.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment